This summer I’ll be heading back into the gym and doing what I love- teaching TRX classes!! This summer will be different from last summer in one very exciting way. I’m beyond excited to announce that CrossFit Lucky 4 will be offering a Summer Fit Club for junior high and 6th grade students and I get to be one of instructors!
I promise you, it will be the best $60+ you will ever spend on your teen (or soon to be teen). For just $60, your teen will get twelve 60-minute classes that are designed specifically for their age group.
FIT CLUB OBJECTIVE: Provide the opportunity for middle school students to increase stamina, agility, and strength during the summer months with two dedicated morning classes per week. Teach personal responsibility for lifelong health by touching on the importance of good nutrition, physical activity, and stress management.
FIT CLUB OVERVIEW: CFL4 TRX instructors will offer two morning classes per week, designed specifically for middle school athletes or middle school students looking to increase their fitness levels and learn more about lifelong healthy habits.
FIT CLUB GOALS:
- Educate students about importance of proper nutrition (especially pre & post workouts)
- Teach students about the importance of warming up
- Increase stamina with intense and varied station, circuit, team and partner workouts
- Increase strength with body weight movements (including TRX straps), medicine balls, and/or dumb bells
- Improve core strength with dynamic movements, isolation exercises, and TRX straps
- Make fitness fun with workouts that incorporate team challenges, relays, and group work
- Satisfy several standards of the California Department of Education’s Health Curriculum for Middle School students
- Classes will be 60 minutes in duration. This is will include a 10-minute warm-up, 40-minute workout, and a 10-minute cool-down.
- Classes will be offered twice a week from 8:30am to 9:30am.
- Classes will include the following:
- A warm-up
- A strength component (ie. body weight movements w/ straps, kettle bells, and/or medicine balls)
- A speed & agility component (ie. box jumps, burpees & ladder shuffle)
- A muscular endurance component (ie. overhead carries, thrusters, & planks)
- A conditioning component (ie. rowing, running, jump rope, aerodyne)
- A cool-down
- All basic TRX movements on the straps
- All body weight movements without straps (lunges, squats, wall sits, push-ups, planks, etc.)
- Box jumps
- Wall balls (individual or partners)
- Partner sit-ups with medicine balls (partners)
- Shuffle with ball toss (partners)
- Med ball clean toss (group)
- Dumb bell thrusters
- Kettle bell swings
- Ladder work (speed & agility)
- Bear Crawls
- Crab Walk Soccer
- Cardio: Rowing, running, ball slams, aerodyne, and jump rope, etc
CALIFORNIA’S DEPT OF EDU’s HEALTH STANDARDS FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL:
- Practicing behaviors to protect the body, such as applying sunscreen, exercising, or making healthy food choices
- Recognizing and accepting differences in body types and maturation levels
- Establishing and maintaining healthy eating practices
- Selecting appropriate practices to maintain, lose, or gain weight according to individual needs
- Observing safety rules during physical activities
- Exploring ways to engage in out-of-school activities that promote fitness and health
- Participating regularly in a variety of enjoyable physical activities
- Developing and initiating a personal fitness plan that includes setting fitness goals and monitoring progress towards meeting those goals
- Demonstrating personal characteristics that contribute to self-confidence and self-esteem, such as honesty, integrity, and responsibility
- Developing and using effective communication skills
- Practicing good personal hygiene to prevent the spread of disease
COST: $60 for 12 one-hour classes (That’s only $5 per class!)
CLASS TIMES: Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:30am to 9:30am. Starting June 27th!
INSTRUCTORS: Lisa Holdener, Megan Boydston, and Anissa Morales
Address: 1011 Mason Street, Suite 5, Vacaville, CA 95688