Being healthy and fit is not achieving a certain size or look, it’s a feeling. It’s giving your body, your mind, and your soul the things that it needs to feel balanced, happy, and rejuvenated. The six core components essential good health are listed below.
6 Components of Health
- Physical- This includes eating nutrient rich foods with occasional indulgences, exercising regularly (at least 5 days a week for 45-60 minutes a day), getting enough sleep (7-9 hours) and being at your recommended body weight. This also includes avoiding recreational drugs and limiting alcohol intake.
- Mental- Mental health is being able to cope with the demands of everyday life and the obligations placed on you. Good mental health can be achieved striving to maintain a balance in your life. Give yourself time to do the things that you are passionate about. The daily routines of work, taking care of the kids, and managing the house will be much more rewarding and enjoyable.
- Emotional- Emotional health includes being able to express your emotions in a positive and non-destructive way.
- Social- Social health refers to the the quality of your relationships. This includes your family, friends, co-workers, teachers, and peers.
- Spiritual- Good spiritual health is being able to maintain harmonious relationships with other living things and having spiritual direction and purpose. This includes living with morals, ethics, and values.
- Environmental- Environmental health is making sure that your living environment is free from toxins, dangers, and unsafe conditions. This means having a safe place to sleep at night, clean water to drink and quality air.
Top 10 YouTube Women’s Fitness Channels
Top 8 Women’s Health Websites
- Healthy Women– When you’re well-informed, you’re equipped to make better, healthier choices. This blog is all about giving you access to useful health news and expert opinions, whether you want to learn more about motherhood, menopause, or aging. You can search health information by topic or get your questions answered in the Ask an Expert feature. The site’s WomenTalk blog allows you to join the community of voices and post your own health tips.
- Women’s Health – On this varied blog, guest posts from television personalities like Padma Lakshmi and Carla Hall intermingle with those from expert clinicians. From caregiving to healthy eating to sexual assault, posts are always powerful and in-depth. Use the search function for easy access to a host of informational and awareness raising initiatives. Accessible and easy to navigate, the Women’s Health website offers pointers on important topics ranging from caregiving to sexual abuse to updates on the latest Zika virus.
- Speaking of Women’s Health– Holly L. Thacker, M.D., is the director of specialized women’s health at the world famous Cleveland Clinic. This blog, which she supervises, is a handy place to bookmark and return to for quickly finding information on common wellness issues, like fatigue during menopause and exercise during pregnancy. You’ll also find that the blog addresses health issues of other family members and how they might affect women.
- The Fitnessista– a healthy lifestyle blog emphasizing quick workouts, quick recipes and adventures as a wife and mom.
- Jill Fit Blog– Launched by former figure competitor and long-term health guru Jill Coleman, this far-reaching blog combines tough love self-image advice with practical tips for improving and accepting body types of all sizes. The blog’s statement of purpose points to the positive attitude it seeks to spread — “to create a healthy lifestyle that’s stress- and shame-free.” Jill’s advice is as much about moderation and breaking rules as it is about providing numbered lists of “must dos” for excellent fitness routines.
- Neghar Fonooni Blog– Neghar Fonooni is an Air Force veteran, fitness coach, mom, and wife. On her eclectic blog, she writes about everything from cellulite to skateboarding, sharing tips and advice related to motherhood, working out, and embracing yourself and your body. She writes in a friendly, joyous tone that will keep you coming back for more inspiration.
- Women’s Health Magazine– The popular Women’s Health Magazine online version.
- Popsugar Moms
Amazing Websites About Nutrition